You might choose to sell your home on the open market rather than to a professional buyer such as House Buy Fast, but there are still things you can do to speed up the transaction and wipe weeks off the sale time – as well as making a fall through much less likely (remember around 30% of normal sales fall through).
So here’s a short list to help you get things moving faster.
Help your Buyer Help You Sell Fast
- See your solicitor first. They’ll probably need ID from you, a small upfront payment and their terms and conditions signed. Do this before anything else to save valuable days once you’ve sold
- Make it easy for your buyer. Get the property as neat and tidy as you can. Arrange rooms as intended, so if you have a home gym in a bedroom consider putting it back to normal, you’ll likely sell quicker but crucially your home will look better for your buyer’s surveyor who has the power to stop the sale in it’s tracks
- Be transparent. If you need to sell before a certain date, tell your buyer and ask if they can fit in. The vast majority of people will give a straight answer to an honest question
- Be flexible. Allow your buyer to return if they wish. Take the first date offered for the survey if you can. Don’t be the reason things get delayed
- It’s always thought that choosing a cash buyer can speed things up but this isn’t necessarily the case. Some cash buyers have funds locked in investments that are hard to get out of so do your homework before accepting an offer
- Add some sweetener if you can. If it helps your buyer, offer to include fitted carpets or kitchen appliances. They probably aren’t worth much second hand but who doesn’t like something for free?
- Get electronic. Use email and the phone wherever possible and reply to everything promptly. You’ll be surprised how many solicitors still rely on post which adds days to everything
With these simple tips you should be able to wipe days or even weeks off the time it takes you to get moved.
If all of this sounds like too much effort or you need to sell quickly then we can help. We sell property fast with no hassle. Find out more here.