Rightmove have released their monthly house price index and the news is split between good and bad.
Prices Surge To New Record As Buyers Act But Sellers Hold Back
- Price of property coming to market rebounds to all-time high as majority-government surprise leads to biggest ever rise in month of June, up 3.0% (+£8,460) to £294,351
- Six out of ten regions set new record price highs as supply/demand imbalance continues to head north
- Election certainty boosts buyer activity but anticipated rise in new seller numbers fails to materialise
- Higher demand with busiest ever May on Rightmove website – 115 million visits, equal to every adult in the UK visiting twice in the month
- Tighter supply with number of properties coming to market down 8.5% on same period a year ago, though £2m plus properties buck this trend with 86% month-on-month leap in new listings
- High demand and low supply highlight urgency for delivery of more new-build homes
Read the full Rightmove June House Price Index PDF
Want To Sell Your House Fast?
Speak to a member of our team and discuss your options with us today.