5 ways to make your home more secure
Help yourself or they will help themselves!
With burglary sadly being a part of modern life, security should be the upmost priority. However, sometimes we tend to ignore the importance of security and that is when the problem begins.
Here we have listed some ways to make your home safer
- To keep your home secured, first and foremost evaluate what can be the possible entry points for the burglar so that you can secure them. Locks are the obvious means to secure windows and doors which are obvious points to enter the house, however that is not enough. Most of us out of habit leave the keys on the window sill or under an obvious plant pot which can be easily spotted. The best way to store your keys is to go for a secure storage box which can be opened only by a code and securely attached to the wall.
- Locking your front door properly is a must. Therefore, always double lock your door and ensure that you lock the door handle too. In case of a Yale lock, keep it deadlock and have extra bolts on the door.
- Investing in CCTV and motion sensor lights is also a great way to keep the burglars away.
- Make access harder, so avoid keeping a bench or a wheelie bin against your fence which can be used by trespassers to vault over. Once they are in your back garden, they will check for an easy access point. In case you have kept a ladder in your shed, a burglar can easily climb on to a window in intrude. Therefore, keep these simple tricks in mind and consider planting some prickly plants, hawthorns on the entry points around your garden and get an anti-climb paint done on boundary walls to keep the burglars away.
- Have a good quality alarm system installed with pressure pads, electronic eyes, and door switches.
Lastly, review your home security from time to time and ensure that your house insurance is up to date as its always better to be safe than sorry.